Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Dirty Projectors... are straight up dirty



I've found myself going to more and more concerts recently, probably due to the ease of connecting with music when it's live, the atmosphere and vibe found in many music venues, and the city that I'm currently in - San Fran has TONS of live music.

I've also been searching out live performances of my favorite bands on the interwebs, and stumbled upon some great vids recently of the Dirty Projectors. The Brooklyn based indie rock group, lead by Dave Longstreth, collaborated with David Byrne (of the Talking Heads) in 2008 on "Knotty Pine" for Dark Was the Night, a concert I still regret not seeing. Here's a great acoustic version of "Knotty Pine" performed last March at a loft party in Williamsburg, along with this version, performed at East River State Park in July.

If you'd to like to download their two newest tracks for free, which were scheduled to release with a new LP last fall but pushed back, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment